Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grandma's Parmesan Chicken Recipe

Parmesan Chicken


1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (grandma uses more)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs


Combine mayonnaise, cheese, and garlic powder. Spread chicken with mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Grandma mixes extra parmesan and garlic in bread crumbs.


Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Serves 4.


When I got married my Grandma threw me a Kitchen Shower. Everyone brought me a recipe and all kinds of goodies for my kitchen. The recipe above is the one my Grandma gave me. It has always been one of my husbands and my favorites.


After going Moo-Free, I replaced the parmesan with Trader Joe's grated Pecorino Romano cheese, made with sheep's milk. And now that my little man is GF I make my own bread crumbs. It's super easy. I put 6 slices of Rudi's GF multigrain bread on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, flipping slices half way through. Remove from the oven. When they cool off, cut or rip into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor or blender until they are the desired consistency. Any left overs can be kept in a jar in the fridge. To season them add italian seasoning or whatever you like.


This recipe is basically fool proof. I have gotten to the point where I don't measure any of it and I use lots of extra garlic, fresh or powdered or a garlic and herb seasoning mix, doesn't matter. It's always yummy. Last weekend I made a big batch of this with 12 Organic boneless, skinless Chicken thighs. I halved them to make smaller portions that the kids would like. It turned out wonderful as always and the kids LOVED it. My oldest keeps asking me when I'm going to make more.






1 comment: